November 22, 2021
BATH, NY – From the county legislature: The opening of the $4.2 million County Route 115 bridge over the Canisteo River in the Town of Erwin will be held back until May 2022, with Steuben County legislators citing unanticipated problems
such as supply chain issues, and shortages of materials and labor force forcing the delay.
Work during the coming winter months would undermine the bridge’s quality and safety, according to the
county Public Works Department.
Motorists will be advised to continue to use the marked detour until the project is completed.
Other items approved by the county Legislature Monday include:
• Acceptance of more than $766,000 from the New York State Department of Homeland Security
and Emergency Services Office of Interoperable and Emergency Communications to facilitate the
development, consolidation, improvement, sustainability and maintenance of public safety communications.
The funds will support and enhance statewide interoperable communications for first responders.
• Transferring 8.86 acres in the Town of Urbana on State Route 54 to the New York State Department
of Environmental Conservation to add the property to the state’s Cold Brook Management Program.
• Authorizing a Contingent Fund transfer of $200,000 for medical costs at the county Jail.
• Authorizing a Contingent Fund transfer of up to $36,047 for additional Finger Lakes SPCA costs
due to recent multiple animal rescues.
• Awarding the requests for proposals for architectural, engineering and construction
management services for Civil Defense and Public Works projects