June 30, 2021
From James M. Bassage, Sr. for Hornell 8th Ward Alderman
Dear 8th Ward Residents,
As many of you know, I am seeking re-election for a sixth term as 8th Ward Alderman in the City of Hornell. These past ten years on the City Council have been rewarding and I feel I have successfully advocated for the 8th Ward residents to resolve their issues and effectively present their concerns.
The purpose of this letter is share with you my goals and reasons for running for a sixth term as the 8th Ward Alderman and to give those who do not know me a little background on myself.
I have lived, worked and raised a family on Crosby Street, here in Hornell for almost thirty years. I am very familiar with the 8th Ward and the issues that we face.
There are three reasons that I am running for a sixth term:
1. I believe one of my major strengths is being able to work with people and collaborate on ideas to make positive decisions. As Alderman, I will continue to work with the other Common Council members to improve the Quality of Life and make Hornell a great place to live and raise a family.
2. I want to have common sense discussions and share ideas that will improve the quality of life in the 8th Ward and in the City of Hornell. The people of the 8th Ward deserve someone who is going to contribute and help to come up with ideas, and someone who is open to discussion on a vision of improving the quality of life for the 8th Ward and the City of Hornell.
3. I am firm believer in the democratic process, everyone has the right and should exercise that right to vote and I hope I can count on your vote to allow me to continue to represent you in City Hall.
Working with the other City Council members has been a key for success. I believe we have improved the quality of life in the City of Hornell and I pledge to continue to work to improve the quality of life in Hornell and most importantly in the 8th Ward. Along with this, I believe that Hornell is moving in a very positive direction with new opportunities and developments; this is something that I would like to continue to work on and see through.
Three major focuses for this term on the Common Council will be continuing to:
1. Continue to work with the Codes Office to continue to identify and address blight issues in the 8th Ward and city.
2. Work for street and infrastructure improvements in the 8th Ward, specifically Crosby Street and throughout the city.
3. Continue to support law enforcement efforts to continue to address drug issues to ensure safe and secure neighborhoods.
I have developed a good rapport with the Mayor, other City Council members and Department Heads at City Hall and together we have been successful in improving the quality of life in the 8th Ward and the City of Hornell. I look forward to the opportunity to continue to represent the 8th Ward residents at City Hall. Please see below the ways you can reach out to me with any questions, concerns or issues.
Facebook: Jim Bassage 8th Ward Alderman
Jim Bassage, 8th Ward Alderman, City of Hornell